How to Charge a Hoverboard
During the past holiday seasons, Hoverboards sold like hot cakes, and they have become the rage of the moment, with new designs and versions rolling out.
While they have been the rage of the moment, many people have complained that they explode due to unstable power control levels and the lithium-ion batteries. If you news freak type, you would have seen “exploding hoverboards” on your T.V screen, which might have kept you wondering if indeed Hoverboards are safe to charge or if there is a perfect way to prevent them from exploding.
First of all, most of these fires were caused by cheap batteries. Nowadays, there are some legal requirements for selling hoverboards. Every product has to be labeled with the official UL certificate that prooves, that the battery is safe and produced by a high quality brand like Samsung or LG:
Before you are buying a hoverboard, you should therefore have a look at this checklist:
So, whether you’re merely considering of buying one or you already purchased a Hoverboard, the following guide will put you through on the right ways to follow when charging your Hoverboard. But, before this let’s look at some of the reasons why does a lithium-ion battery without a UL Certificate fail?
Guide to safely charge your Hoverboard
- Make sure you read through and follow the manual that comes with your board before you charge or start using.
- If you see any sign of swelling up, overheating or smoke dismount, make sure you remove the charger immediately.
- Avoid charging the battery overnight or leaving it unattended to.
- Also, make sure always to use the correct power adaptor to avoid short circuit.
- Do not disassemble a battery or parts of the battery.
So, there you have it, these are simple steps you can take to ensure the longevity of your new hoverboard and keep your family safe during the process!